Sorry for the late post!
The New ZeroMan is the next step in introductory fitness for gentlemen after the ZeroMan series. If you’re a beginner, check out the ZeroMan workouts in the Archive (bottom of the page). The New ZeroMan will still have tough workouts and general nutrition advice, but will also have weekly challenges, reading lists, and other self-improvement principles. Good Luck!
Day 43: Wednesday, February 15th 2012
Warm Up: Treadmill Tabata
- Jog / Walk for 5 minutes
- Set the Treadmill to a challenging pace (at least 6 mph if you haven't been running, closer to 9 or 10 if you have been running at a high level, 11 or faster for elite runners). For 6 minutes alternate 20 seconds running, 10 seconds resting on the edges.
- Jog / walk for 4 minutes.
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 15 – 20 minutes
Pre-Hab: wrist / forearm
This might cause some pain near your tennis elbow, but work through it if you can. This kind of strength will prevent the tennis elbow from coming back in the future.
- 10 neutral grip wrist push-ups
- 10 wide grip wrist push-ups (hands turned slightly outward)
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 10 reps at 50 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Cleans: 10 reps at 25 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbell Clean & Press: 10 reps at 15 lbs. L & R
- Single leg Step ups on low step (8” – 12”): 2 times- 10 step ups on each leg with striding arms, balance for 10 seconds on the 10th step.
- 3 Turkish Get-ups L & R each arm with a 20 lb. dumbbell
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on deep hip external rotators, glutes and IT band (tensor fasciae femoris) with butterfly stretches, feet farther in front butterfly stretches, lying glute stretches, lying piriformis stretches, and lying hip stretches.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Recumbent Resistance Intervals
- 3 minutes at ‘6’ to ‘8’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 8 times: 30 seconds at ‘11’ to ‘13’ resistance 90+ RPM, followed by 1 minute at ‘6’ to ‘8’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 5 minutes at a leisurely pace
Start adding a fish oil supplement to your first, middle, and last meals of the day for faster healing and healthier joints. To really kick your fat loss up a notch and minimize joint inflammation, avoid bread (at least on workout days).
CINNAMON!! Add a dash of cinnamon to your morning cup of coffee, and another cup at lunch wouldn’t hurt.
Drink at least 8 oz. of water 30 minutes before each meal or snack, and drink fluids with your meal either just before or just after (or both), but not during. Green tea is a great option for delicious hydration, appetite suppression, antioxidants, and a nice energy boost!
Try to base your meal ratios on a total daily protein intake of 95g to 115g (while striving to maintain the 9:7:2 carb:protein:fat ratio at every meal except the pre and post workout snacks.)
Comment below, tweet @geoffcraft, or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you. #FitnessIsLove
Day 44: Tuesday, February 16th 2012
Walk / Run 3 miles. Watch this video about aspartame.
Finish your morning shower with 3 – 5 minutes as cold as possible with the water hitting your neck and upper-back for most of the time and upper chest and neck for about 30% of the time. Repeat this cold treatment before bed. I’ll get into the reasons later on. Try to do this EVERY DAY. It will accelerate fat loss and help promote fast healing and better sleep. If you’re feeling spunky, you can try an ice bath (5 minutes just legs, 5 minutes reclined, 5 minutes just torso with legs out). BRRRR.