ZeroMan Workout Series
The ZeroMan workout series is designed for gentlemen relatively new to working out who want to lose weight and have general fitness improvement. This program can work for anyone, so feel free to adjust weight and resistance to fit your needs. Weeks 1-4 are designed for exercise familiarization, general lean muscle development, and initial fat loss. Weeks 5-8 will focus on strength gain and sustained metabolism increase, including diet suggestions. Enjoy!
Day 8: Wednesday October 12th 2011
Warm Up: 20 minutes
Recumbent Resistance Intervals
- 5 minutes at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 8 times: 30 seconds at ‘10’ to ‘12’ resistance 90+ RPM, followed by 1 minute at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 3 minutes at a leisurely pace
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 10 – 20 minutes
- Seated Reverse Flys: 2 times- 10 reps at 15 lbs.
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 10 reps at 40 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Cleans: 10 reps at 25 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbell Clean & Press: 10 reps at 15 lbs. L & R
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on shoulders, arms, chest and back. Be sure to include: infraspinatus stretch, teres minor stretch, bent over lat stretch, wall lat stretch, overhead triceps stretch, seated biceps stretch, doorway or floor deltoid stretch, side deltoid stretch, straight arm chest stretch, and doorway or floor modified chest stretch.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Walk, jog, or bike at a leisurely pace. Treadmill, elliptical, recumbent, and the great outdoors are all good options. Spend some quality time with your dog. Next time there will be air squats and a benchmark style workout! Get pumped!
Let me know how it goes! Comment below or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you.
Day 9: Thursday October 13th 2011