ZeroMan Workout Series
The ZeroMan workout series is designed for gentlemen relatively new to working out who want to lose weight and have general fitness improvement. Enjoy.
Day 6: Monday October 10th 2011
Warm Up: 20 minutes
Recumbent Resistance Intervals
- 5 minutes at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 8 times: 30 seconds at ‘10’ to ‘12’ resistance 90+ RPM, followed by 1 minute at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 3 minutes at a leisurely pace
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 10 – 20 minutes
- Cable Lat Pulls: 12 reps at 45 lbs., 10 reps at 50 lbs., max reps at 60 lbs.
- Seated Reverse Flys: 2 times- 10 reps at 15 lbs.
- Single leg Step ups on low step (8” – 12”): 2 times- 10 step ups on each leg with striding arms, balance for 10 seconds on the 10th step.
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on shoulders, arms, chest and back. Be sure to include: infraspinatus stretch, teres minor stretch, bent over lat stretch, wall lat stretch, overhead triceps stretch, seated biceps stretch, doorway or floor deltoid stretch, side deltoid stretch, straight arm chest stretch, and doorway or floor modified chest stretch.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Walk, jog, or bike at a leisurely pace. Treadmill, elliptical, recumbent, and the great outdoors are all good options. Spend some quality time with your dog.
Let me know how it goes! Comment below or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you.
Day 7: Tuesday October 11th 2011
Walk a mile or two. Stretch.