ZeroMan Workout Series
The ZeroMan workout series is designed for gentlemen relatively new to working out who want to lose weight and have general fitness improvement. This program can work for anyone, so feel free to adjust weight and resistance to fit your needs. Weeks 1-4 are designed for exercise familiarization, general lean muscle development, and initial fat loss. Weeks 5-8 will focus on strength gain and sustained metabolism increase, including diet suggestions. Enjoy!
Day 17: Friday October 21st 2011
Warm Up: 20 minutes
Recumbent Resistance Intervals
- 5 minutes at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 8 times: 30 seconds at ‘10’ to ‘12’ resistance 90+ RPM, followed by 1 minute at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 3 minutes at a leisurely pace
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 10 – 20 minutes
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 10 reps at 40 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Cleans: 10 reps at 25 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbell Clean & Press: 10 reps at 15 lbs. L & R
- Single leg Step ups on low step (8” – 12”): 2 times- 10 step ups on each leg with striding arms, balance for 10 seconds on the 10th step.
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on shoulders, arms, chest and back. Be sure to include: infraspinatus stretch, teres minor stretch, bent over lat stretch, wall lat stretch, overhead triceps stretch, seated biceps stretch, doorway or floor deltoid stretch, side deltoid stretch, straight arm chest stretch, and doorway or floor modified chest stretch.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Run / Walk on a treadmill. (5 run, 5 walk, 5 run, 5 walk would be great)
Try to eat a fatty snack (good fats like nuts or avocados) with plenty of protein 30 – 60 minutes before your workout. Something close to 18g carb, 14g protein, 10+ grams of fat. Eat a leaner snack 30 – 60 minutes after you workout. 18g carb, 14g protein, 3g fat (or less) is ideal, but a protein shake with more protein and less fat would be beneficial, too. Comment below, tweet @geoffcraft, or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you.
Day 18: Saturday October 22nd 2011
Walk 2 miles. Watch College Football.
Day 19: Sunday October 23rd 2011
Rest. Watch NFL… or the Good Wife.