ZeroMan Workout Series
The ZeroMan workout series is designed for gentlemen relatively new to working out who want to lose weight and have general fitness improvement. This program can work for anyone, so feel free to adjust weight and resistance to fit your needs. Weeks 1-4 are designed for exercise familiarization, general lean muscle development, and initial fat loss. Weeks 5-8 will focus on strength gain and sustained metabolism increase, including diet suggestions. Enjoy!
Day 15: Wednesday October 19th 2011
Warm Up: 15 minutes
- 15 minutes on recumbent bicycle with resistance at ‘8’ and RPMs over 75
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 15 – 25 minutes
- Seated Reverse Flys: 2 times- 10 reps at 15 lbs.
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 10 reps at 40 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Cleans: 10 reps at 25 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbell Clean & Press: 10 reps at 15 lbs. L & R
- Seated Cable Rows: 12 reps at 45 lbs., 10 reps at 50 – 55 lbs.
- Cable Lat Pulls: 12 reps at 45 lbs., 10 reps at 50 lbs., max reps at 60 lbs.
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on shoulders, arms, chest and back. Be sure to include: infraspinatus stretch, teres minor stretch, bent over lat stretch, wall lat stretch, overhead triceps stretch, seated biceps stretch, doorway or floor deltoid stretch, side deltoid stretch, straight arm chest stretch, and doorway or floor modified chest stretch.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Walk, jog, or bike at a leisurely pace. Treadmill, elliptical, recumbent, and the great outdoors are all good options. Spend some quality time with your dog.
Ice and Alleve are good options for any joint pain you experience, but only after you’re finished working out. Ice twice or more on rest days. Let me know if it’s too much. Comment below, tweet @geoffcraft, or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you.
Day 16: Thursday October 20th 2011
REST. Watch Parks & Rec.