ZeroMan Workout Series
The ZeroMan workout series is designed for gentlemen relatively new to working out who want to lose weight and have general fitness improvement. Enjoy.
Day 3: Friday October 7th 2011
Warm Up: 20 minutes
Recumbent Resistance Intervals
- 5 minutes at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 8 times: 30 seconds at ‘10’ to ‘12’ resistance 90+ RPM, followed by 1 minute at ‘5’ to ‘7’ resistance 75 RPM to 80 RPM
- 3 minutes at a leisurely pace
Light Stretch: less than 5 minutes
No deep stretching. Just a few reaching exercises, arm swings and circles, trunk rotations, etc. The idea is to move and get warm, especially muscle groups you missed in your warm-up.
Resistance: 10 – 20 minutes
- Standing Barbell Military Presses: 12 reps at 30 lbs., 10 reps at 35 lbs., 8 reps at 40 lbs.
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 10 reps at 35 lbs. L & R, 8 reps at 40 lbs. L & R
- Rotating Single Arm Dumbbell Cleans: 10 reps at 15 lbs. L & R, 8 reps at 20 lbs. L & R
Stretch: 5 - 10 minutes
Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on deep hip external rotators, glutes and IT band (tensor fasciae femoris) with butterfly stretches, feet farther in front butterfly stretches, lying glute stretches, lying piriformis stretches, and lying hip stretches.
Cool Down: 20 minutes
Walk, jog, or bike at a leisurely pace. Treadmill, elliptical, recumbent, and the great outdoors are all good options.
Let me know how it goes! Comment below or shoot me an email! Eat well, drink lots of water and have fun! Love you.
Day 4: Saturday October 8th 2011
Walk 2 miles, then stretch.
Day 5: Sunday October 9th 2011