My former gymnast, Jesse, has been asking me for weeks to give her a workout plan. I haven't been working as hard on this favor as I could have, so in an attempt to really motivate myself to stay on top of it, and in the spirit of sharing every thought with the world via the webernets, here is the first installment of...
Jesse's Athlete Forging, Fitness Enhancing, Beach Body Extravaganza Workout Program
Monday, March 28th, 2010:
Warm Up: 10 minutes on a recumbent stationary bicycle; 2 minutes at low resistance, 2 minutes medium resistance, 2 minutes low resistance, 2 minutes medium/high resistance, 2 minutes low resistance.
Stretch: Comprehensive light stretching, then focus on deep hip external rotators and IT band (tensor fasciae femoris) with butterfly stretches, feet farther in front butterfly stretches, lying glute stretches, lying piriformis stretches, and lying hip stretches.
1) Max Pull-ups with as little machine assistance as possible (if you can do them free, then repeat after 2 minutes rest, then procede to #2)
2) Max Pull-ups with 20 additional pounds of machine assistance
3) Max Pull-ups with 20 more additional pounds of machine resistance
Bodyweight / Core:
1) 20 push-ups, elbows by side (modify to push-ups on knees if necessary)
2) 25 crunches
3) 20 push-ups, elbows out (modify to push-ups on knees if necessary)
4) 25 oblique bridges, left side and right side
5) 20 pike push-ups
6) 25 tuck-up crunches
7) 20 bench dips
8) 25 supine hip lifts
10 minutes walking on elliptical
This is a heavy load, designed to make you sore and get you back into a workout groove quickly. They won't all be this bad or this time consuming. Eat well and drink lots of water before and after. Good luck. Love you, Jesse.